Saturday, December 04, 2004

All The Drugs I've Ever Done

Here is a list of all the drugs I have ever done. The sole criterion for inclusion on this list is that I should have tried these substances with the intention of getting high. Whether they worked or not is a different matter.

Tobacco
Alcohol
Speed
Prozac
Cocaine
Crack Cocaine
Freebase Cocaine
Morphine
Methadone
Qat
Magic Mushrooms
Opium
Morning Glory Seeds
Dexedrine
Nutmeg
Valium
Cinnamon
Dihydrocodeine
Ecstasy
Temazepam
DMT
Codeine
Morphine Sulphate
Gee's Linctus
LSD
Hashish
Captagon
Chanel Perfume
Amyl Nitrate
Cannabis
Heroin
Tippex


Perhaps some explanations are needed. 'Speed' is amphetamine sulphate. Qat is a mildly stimulating leaf from Arabia - eating it is a bit like eating a hedge. 'Magic mushrooms' refers to the Psilocybin mushroom, specifically Psilocybin Semilanceata. Morning Glory Seeds, Nutmeg and Cinnamon are allegedly psychedelic (they didn't work with me). DMT is a strong hallucinogenic gel - you inhale the fumes, as with crack cocaine, and you get wildly high for about ten minutes (hence the nickname: 'businessman's acid'). Gee's Linctus is a cough medicine containing 'opiate squill linctus'. Captagon is a pharmaceutical stimulant from Thailand. And Tippex is a solvent-based fluid used for correcting typescripts. I tried it for the same reason I tried sniffing my mum's Chanel perfume. All I got was a headache.

1 comment:

Ross Thomas said...

What, no banana skins??