Sunday, April 23, 2006
So here he is, the venomous critter - about twelve inches from me. After a swift bit of Googling, I think this is a highly toxic western diamondback rattlesnake. But, if anyone knows better (i.e. snake-experts, or native Utahns (hello Corey!)) please let me know. But I'd be very disappointed to hear that my fabulously scary close encounter with death was actually a close encounter with some silly Arizona Nicesnake, or the Lesser Nevadan Yellow Friendlyworm, entirely unvenomous and indeed known for its charity work. So bear that in mind when breaking the news to me.
Posted by sean at 3:28 am