Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Heathrow to Paradise, Return


Is that Eve behind the pillar??


In a couple of days I'm off on my travels again. And this time I must confess that, even for a jaded old travel writer like me, my latest destination has got me quite excited. Because I'm going to the Garden of Eden.

That is to say, I shall be visiting a remarkable location that is rumoured - by top archeologists - to be the site of the Garden of Eden. What's more, this truly amazing place is also home to one of the greatest discoveries ever made in the history of archeology: a site that is transforming the way we look at early human history, and the entire evolution of all culture and religion.

I've heard the coffee's not bad, either.

Anyhow, I'll let you know how I got on in a later post. In the meantime, a bucket of fine emeralds (or a mention in my blog) to the first person who can actually guess the precise name and whereabouts of my destination.

Hint - it's not in central London. It's not even in Greater London.

9 comments:

Jay Stranahan said...

(struggles mightily)

String, or nothing!

No, really. Is this somewhere in northern Iraq?

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good guess! - but no.

Sorry!

Sean.

Anonymous said...

Ten miles from Tabriz, to the northwest of Teheran, in Iran.

Stephen
swray@elite.org.uk

Anonymous said...

Not bad, Stephen, not bad. But you are getting colder rather than warmer.

I'll give you a clue - its nearer to London than that.

Anonymous said...

cornwall

Anonymous said...

Cornwall???

OK here's a minor clue -

ITS IN TURKEY.

Sean

Anonymous said...

oooh, I hate to be wrong, so here is my second guess.


A plateau in the Turkish district of Mus, northeast of Diyarbakir (Amida) to the west of Lake Van in eastern Turkey.


Stephen

Anonymous said...

Stephen, very close!

But no cheroot just yet.

i am ın turkey rıght nowş hence the weırd lettersç öçöşööç

So you have one or two more days to get ıt exactlşy rıght

you are pretty damn close already!

S

Anonymous said...

Ok, last guess

Adiyaman, at the foot of Nemrut Dagi (Mount Nemrut)

Stephen