Sunday, November 26, 2006

Sorry, or What?


Sorry about that, guys. No, really.



Can I just say how pleased I am that Tony Blair has apologised, on behalf of us all, for the slave trade.

While he’s at it, I think he should also apologise to the people of Bermuda, for our colonising them so brutally in the 17th century. And I hope he apologises to the Spanish, for drowning so many of them in the Armada debacle.

Then, when he’s done that, he must of course apologise on behalf of the Celts to the English, for the bloody mistreatment of the Anglo-Saxons after the Battle of Mons Badonicus, in the 5th century. And I’d like to see a proper apology, at last, to the poor Beaker People, whose culture and language was so brutally repressed in the third Millennium BC. And finally I hope we can all say sorry, on behalf of the mammals, to the dinosaurs, for so insensitively supplanting them as the dominant life form of the planet.

No comments: