Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Toffeewomble Travel Quiz Competition Thingy Results


RB from Canada, pictured enjoying some downtime near his enormous second home. A modest, but gracious man, he works with underpriveliged children, when he isn't writing poetry.*


We have a winner of the fourth Toffeewomble Travel Quiz, RB, a regular reader from Canada. He correctly guessed, without any Googling whatsoever, that I am on the way to Cambodia to eat spiders, in the spider eating city of Skuon.

Congratulations RB!!

Incidentally, I am also off to do something else pretty bloody disgusting in South East Asia, and I shall pose this as a follow up quiz very shortly, seeing as this one was so exciting.

In the meantime, scroll down and look at those spiders again. The roasted ones, on the plate. The big black hairy ones. I've got to eat one of those quite soon. Really quite soon. I'm flying out tomorrow to Thailand and by the end of next week I'll be in Cambodia - eating one of those fuckers. Apparently when you bite into them, this yellow pungent pus-like stuff oozes out of the cracking hairy bodies.

Oh God.


*I've run out of flats in Mayfair.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to leave you with this though before you set off:

'But then there's the spider's large, globular abdomen. This is the only really disturbing part of the animal: it's full of a dark brown paste that includes everything from eggs to the heart and spider excrement.'

Ross said...

Hasn't Asia suffered enough?

RB said...

I would have preferred if you'd used a more recent photograph. I am now in fact larger, stronger, and sexier, than that old photo would lead you to think.

Best of luck with the spiders.