Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Back to Doors and Windows Hooray!!


Me, cameraphone, Namibian desert, car door, window, mirror, rush hour, yesterday, ish.


Hello everyone. I'm in Thailand where it's hot and sunny, having just come back from Namibia and South Africa where it's hot and sunny.


If you are reading this in freezing Britain or frigid America, I thought you might like to see a picture of me driving along in the sizzling Namib-Naukluft desert, just last week.

This exceptional picture also manages to combine several of my favourite themes in one: exotic travel, desert austerity, a door, a window, and me having a nice time in the sun when everyone is cold at home.

If it's any consolation, about a day after this photo was taken I nearly died of heatstroke. I may post about it later.

Kappunkap from Bangkok.

No comments: