Sunday, February 22, 2009

Window of Rock!


Astonishingly money-earning photograph of fat silly German standing in natural rock window overlooking Namibia's Fish River Canyon, yesterday.

Here's a thing. For a long time I've been taking my own photos as I trot about the world, doing my thang, as my regular reader will know.

But in the last couple of years people have actually started paying for them - my photos. I believe I have earned literally dozens of pounds in the last 18 months from my photos, and given that they are taken with a phone, that ain't so bad.

This photo will be published in the National newspaper of the United Arab Emirates, next week, to accompany a travel article, and it earned me the plutocratic sum of 50 bucks. Yes, fifty dollars. I hope the German doesn't sue.

No comments: